Wednesday 1 December 2010

Kairos Advent Devotional 2010 2nd Dec

2 December 2010
Isaiah 9: 6

The Prince of Peace – the culmination of the titles in this Messianic prophecy and the greatest attribute of Jesus who brings peace with God to all who believe in Him. Romans 5:1 Therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

This peace with God brings us the peace of God which guards our hearts and minds Phil. 14:7
When Jesus, the Prince of Peace is our peace care and anxiety will fade away and we shall be greatly blessed – we will enjoy prosperity in every area of our lives.

The night before Jesus died, He gave this peace to his disciples John 14:21 Peace I leave with you. My peace I give unto you. The moment you believe in Jesus Christ (Messiah) the Prince of Peace comes to live inside you therefore let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. Peace translated from the Hebrew word ‘Shalom’ – wholeness and soundness. A troubled and fearful heart prevents us from experiencing all the blessings that are flowing from our everlasting Father.


So when fearful and anxious thoughts come remind yourself of Jesus’ words ‘Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid’. I will not let my heart be troubled about anything.
Speak peace over your life – confess Jesus, the Prince of Peace is with me always.

Prayer
Thank you Jesus you are my Prince of Peace. Help me to guard my heart from being troubled and afraid and I will receive all the blessings you have for me.

No comments: