Saturday 2 October 2010

I have just contributed to a presentation for the Diocese of Ripon & Leeds Diocesan Synod on Pioneer Ministry. In my presentation I was giving a simple introduction to what we are trying to do - I went over just a few of our values - some memorable phrases that are influential

  • A Community of Communities - MSCs & Services - Gathering & Scattering
  • Low Control High Accountability - releasing & the taking of responsibility
  • Mission as the organising principle - MISSION shaped communities
  • You can belong at different levels - MSC isn't about delivering people to central gatherings where 'the proper Christians are'!
  • There are many opportunities but fewer callings - revelation and response, hearers of the word and doers of the word, inspiration & perspiration

It was good to go over these things again - I find that I need to regularly revisit vision and values - its kind of a missional discipline to reconnect with such things regularly. If God has given revelation in such areas we must respond. 

No comments: