Sunday 13 April 2008

What is in your heart?

Jesus said "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full" (John 10:10)

What was in Jesus' heart was a desire to promote life - not just survival life - but true life... a full life. He was contrasting his own mission and desire, his heart, with that of the enemy whose focus is on destruction.

It struck me as I looked at this that I needed to check what is in my heart - is it life? Am I motivated by a desire to promote life? Is what I am doing life-giving? This is a key question to be regularly asked of ourselves. So often we can be caught up in that which is ultimately not life-giving. I can be involved in things that are good but not God. But we are called to tread the path of life, to promote life in all we do
so... what is in your heart?

No comments: